Asparagus Soup with Truffle Oil
Asparagus is an excellent source of vitamin K, folate, copper, selenium, vitamin B2, vitamin C, and vitamin E. It is a good source of fiber, phosphorus, manganese, niacin, potassium, vitamin A, zinc, iron, protein, vitamin B6, and pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5). The health benefits are thought to include improved fertility and relief from pre-menstrual syndrome and it is believed to be helpful for cancer, diabetes, hangovers, cataracts, rheumatism and depression.
Write a review
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 large leek roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil or MCT oil (I prefer MCT)
- 5 cups water, chicken stock or chicken bone broth
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Trim about 1 inch from the end of the asparagus.
- Gently heat the oil in a large pot.
- Sauté the leek until it is tender.
- Add water, chicken stock or chicken bone broth and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus.
- Gently simmer for about 12 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
- Blend until creamy & smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Serve with a drizzle of truffle oil if desired.
- You can serve immediately or chill in refrigerator for one hour before serving.
Michele Gelman Wellness https://www.michelegelmanwellness.com/