Flourless Chocolate Cake - Almond Flour
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Hot Water
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 3 Eggs Separated
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Coconut Oil Spray for Pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the pan with coconut cooking spray and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Combine cocoa powder and hot water in a medium bowl. Add almond meal, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla and salt to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Use an electric beater to whisk egg whites in a clean dry bowl until they form soft peaks. Use a metal spoon to fold a spoonful of egg whites into cocoa mixture until combined. Then gently fold in remaining egg white one large spoonful at a time until combined and light and airy.
- Pour the mixture into greased pan. Place the cake pan in a roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to reach two thirds of the way up the side of the cake pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 – 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove cake pan from the water bath and set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Turn cake onto a plate and remove paper.
Michele Gelman Wellness https://www.michelegelmanwellness.com/