Cranberry and Orange Relish
I adapted this recipe from the English classic, "Delia Smith's Complete Illustrated Cookery Course". Everyone LOVES it every year.
Write a review
- 1 lb Fresh cranberries
- Zest and juice of one big juicy orange
- One cinnamon stick
- 4 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 9 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Port
- Begin by mincing the cranberries finely, then put them into a saucepan.
- Remove the outer zest of orange (with a potato peeler if you like) and cut into very thin strips.
- Now add these strips of zest together with the juice of the orange to the minced cranberries, followed by the cinnamon stick, cloves, ginger and maple syrup.
- Bring the whole lot to boiling point. Put a lid on and cook gently for about 10-15 minutes.
- Then take the pan off the heat and stir in the port.
- Pour everything into a serving bowl, cover it and leave in the refrigerator until required (remembering to remove the cinnamon stick and cloves before serving).
Michele Gelman Wellness https://www.michelegelmanwellness.com/