Chocolate Fudge Sauce Recipe
Write a review
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or coconut oil if you are vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1. Place the chocolate morsels in the top of double boiler over simmering water or on very, very low heat if you have a gas burner. As the chocolate melts, whisk in the ghee and vanilla. Then slowly whisk in the milk.
- 2. Whisk until until smooth and shiny, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the sauce to cool. As it cools, it will thicken.
- Makes about 2 cups. Serve warm over flourless chocolate cake with ice cream. Our favorite brand is Coconut Bliss.
- Why ghee? Ghee is clarified butter. The milk solids are boiled off and skimmed away so it is casein and lactose free but has a strong butter flavor. I often mix it with olive oil or coconut oil when cooking to add a rich buttery taste without the things we are sensitive too. It is very good for gut health.
Michele Gelman Wellness https://www.michelegelmanwellness.com/