Write a review
- 1 whole salmon filet.
- 5-6 cloves of garlic (about 2 Tbsp) minced very fine
- 2 large shallots (about 5 Tbsp) minced very fine
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Approx 5 tbsp chopped herbs (I usually use rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil and parsley or any combo of those)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Mince the shallots and garlic and cook over very low heat with the olive oil for about 45 minutes until translucent. You made to add a little water or extra olive oil if it becomes dry.
- Chop the herbs and sun dried tomatoes.
- Place the salmon on a lining of parchment paper. Place on a wide piece of foil about 3 inches longer than the piece of fish on each end. The parchment is to avoid the salmon absorbing aluminum - and I think it looks pretty. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the shallots and garlic over the salmon. It will be almost like a paste. Sprinkle on the herbs and sun dried tomatoes. You can optionally add a few dollops of crème fraîche if you tolerate dairy. (I didn't do that.)
- Wrap the salmon up with space for steam and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Slide the parchment paper onto a platter and fold down the edges. Garnish with herbs.
Michele Gelman Wellness http://www.michelegelmanwellness.com/